Despite our commitment to communicating and practising safe transport procedures, gas cylinders are sometimes transported in inappropriate vehicles. Unfortunately, this frequently results in severe incidents. Many of these could have been avoided if basic safety rules had been followed.
Typical causes include:
- Insufficient ventilation during transit
- Cylinders not correctly secured
- Valve protection (if applicable) not in place
- Valves not closed properly before departure
- Regulator or other equipment remaining connected during transport
- Cylinders left in the vehicle for an extended period after arrival.
We teamed up with the European Industrial Gases Association (EIGA) to develop a campaign aimed at addressing and reducing these risks for our customers. The EIGA flyer explains the risks and tells you what measures you need to adopt to make sure it never comes to an actual incident.